Call for Abstracts
Abstracts submission and collection will open in August 2017. Look back here for further information and announcements.
Invitation to Participate
The International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL) will invite all professionals interested in the health effects of dietary fats, oils and lipids to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at its 13th Congress in Las Vegas, United States – 27-31 May 2018. Original research will be considered for oral and poster presentation to a wide audience of scientists, clinical researchers, and numerous commercial entities engaged in the field.
New Investigator Awards
These awards are made in conjunction with ISSFAL's biennial congresses. They are awarded by the meeting organizers, to encourage researchers at the start of their career to attend the meeting, and to recognize and encourage excellence in oral and poster presentations by those investigators. More information can be found on the ISSFAL website
The exact nature of the awards and their numbers depend on the sponsorship support available to fund them in any particular meeting. Though the exact criteria used to decide these awards lie with the meeting organisers of each meeting, it is generally the case that such awards are open primarily to Student members of the Society.
To become a Student member, an applicant must provide proof of his or her status as a bona fide student on a course of study (usually a higher degree) that is relevant to ISSFAL core interests. Normally confirmation from an academic supervisor is sufficient.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The recommended abstract length is between 200 and 300 words. Abstract titles should be short, but descriptive. Informative titles, indicating key points are encouraged. Supplemental materials (photos, articles or reports) are prohibited. You will be asked to indicate preference of presentation and if the work have been presented before. Conflict of interest must be given.
The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the abstract, and is asked to keep co-authors informed.
Deadlines, Review and Acceptance
- Abstracts deadline will be announced once the submission period opens.
- All submittals will be reviewed by the ISSFAL Abstract Review Committee for scientific content and topical relevance to the conference.
- Abstracts and presentations should focus on scientific and clinical evidence as would be expected for a peer reviewed journal.
- Abstracts deemed to be commercial in nature for products or services will not be considered.
- Announcements of selected papers will be made on or before February 1, 2018
- Speakers selected for regular presentation (oral), poster forum.
- Complete instructions for oral and/or poster presentation will be provided upon notification of an abstract’s acceptance.